Ms. Jenny Daniels
Ms. Courtney Cartlidge
Do you want to email our website committee?
Photo of Marblehead Lighthouse Used with Permission. © Gary Martin Photography.
|Submit News to the Digest / Webmaster|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
The most recent Dolphin Digest email:
Sign up here to receive the Dolphin Digest.
Email addresses are not shared and are used ONLY for the Digest and by the Davis office.
Please Note: CLASSROOM specific notes from your student's teacher will come home via the Wednesday folder or in a classroom email from your teacher or room parent. The Digest does NOT include class specific information.
How to Submit News to the Digest
Just email the webmaster by 3pm on Tuesday afternoon and include your posting's information. If you have a flyer, please attach it. The webmaster will convert it into a pdf for the Digest. If you'd prefer to convert it yourself, great!
If you want, make copies of your flyer for those students whose parents do NOT receive the Digest. The class lists hanging by each of the copiers will have the number of students per class needing paper copies.
Don't have an electronic copy? That's fine. Just give a copy on plain paper to one of the front office staff. They will place your flyer in the folder labeled "Dolphin Digest" in the office and the webmaster will pick it up from there.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Will my child still bring home a Wednesday folder? Yes! Parents will still need to sign the form in the Wednesday folder stating that they read the contents of the folder and/or checked the Dolphin Digest flyers online. Remember that the Digest contains school-wide information. In your student's folder will be items specific to your student. For example, one week you may receive information about your student's class party, your student's report card, and a note from your teacher in the Wednesday folder. In the Digest you will find out about an upcoming skate night and back to school nights.
2) I am a divorced parent who would like to join the Digest, but still have the paper flyers come home to my student's other parent. May I join the Digest but NOT turn off the paper flyers for my child? Yes! When you sign up, please give us your child's name and teacher, but tell us that you still want to receive the paper flyers coming home with your child. This way both parents can stay informed of school level events in a very convenient way.
3) Do you sell or distribute email addresses? NO! This group is a Davis mailing list ONLY. Names and emails are NOT used for any non-Davis purpose.
4) Do I have to sign the form in the Wednesday folder? Yes! The school needs to be sure that you are still receiving and viewing the information sent home whether by the folder or by email/internet.
5) I am in charge of a PTA committee and would like to send out a school-wide flyer in the Wednesday folders. Please check with the office staff first. Keep in mind that many parents do not read all the flyers sent home in the folders. These same parents may be more likely to read your information online when they take a break from work or are checking their email at home. For many parents, checking information online is just more convenient.
Please contact the Davis webmaster or the Davis office staff (414-2580) if you have any additional questions.
Davis Staff and Website Committee
List of Recent Dolphin Digest Emails