The mission of Garcia Middle School is to ensure that all students are academically successful and that they develop confidence in character to succeed in high school and beyond. We will foster meaningful relationships with staff, students, and the community while implementing a rigorous and cultural relevant curriculum. We will create a diverse learning community to lead exemplary lives.
The highest result of education is tolerance. ~Helen Keller
We believe that the most promising strategy for the mission of Garcia Middle School is to develop our capacity to function as a professional learning community. We envision a school in which the staff:
- Is dedicated and united to achieve a common purpose with clear and high expectations.
- Works together in collaborative teams.
- Seeks and implements research based strategies for improving student achievement.
- Monitors each students' progress.
- Demonstrates a personal and collective commitment to academic success and the social and emotional health of each student in a safe and nurturing school climate, and
- Creates a diverse learning community dedicated to the mutual support of the students, parents and faculty.
We believe in the Power of Five:
- Strong Relationships
- High Expectations
- Rigorous and Cultural Relevant Curriculum
- Success for all, failure is not an option
- Creating a powerful student community to contribute to society.