The District provides a Middle School dress code for all AISD campuses, and students will be expected to comply with the District’s code. Specific guidelines can be found at the AISD Dress Code page.
Gorzycki has additional guidelines for students:
- Hats, bandannas, and dark sunglasses are not to be worn inside the school.
- Undergarments are not to be worn as outer garments. Pajamas, lounge pants and house slippers are not to be worn to school. This includes “rag” flip-flops.
- Hairstyles, including hair that is temporarily dyed or painted an unnatural color (i.e. green, purple, orange, etc.), which adversely effect the educational environment of the school will not be permitted.
- Clothing with holes, rips, tears, and/or intentional conspicuous patches, sagging pants with loose waistband will not be allowed.
- Upper and lower body garments are not to expose undergarments or bare skin.
- All tops must be long enough to cover the midriff completely. Low-cut jeans that reveal the midriff are not permitted.
- Tube tops, halters, spaghetti strap tops, bareback clothing and tops with low-cut necklines are not permitted.
- Shorts must follow District guidelines - short shorts and skirts are not permitted. Standing at ease, the point at which the longest fingertip hits the thigh is the minimum length required for shorts and skirts. Skirts or shorts must follow these guidelines even if the student is wearing leggings, panty hose, or tights.
- All clothing must be worn as it was designed to be worn.
- Shoes with wheels attached to the heels – “heelies or wheelies” are not allowed.
- Clothing, jewelry, medallions, patches, or designs on clothing should not reflect or suggest drugs, alcohol, tobacco, profanity, sex, or other distasteful language.
- Athletic shorts and pants are not allowed. This includes school issued sweat pants outside of athletic events and activities.
- Writing across the seat of pants or shorts is not allowed.
- Jewelry that pierces any body part other than the ears is not allowed to be worn on campus.
- Gang related colors, ornaments, colored shoelaces, etc. are prohibited.
- No gang related graffiti (tagging) is allowed on school items, books or binders, clothing, your skin, or your hair designs.
- Wallet chains, or any jewelry which could be used inappropriately, are prohibited.
- School staff will make determinations as to the inappropriateness of any student’s dress, if it is deemed to be a distraction or to have an adverse effect on the educational environment.
Students who fail to follow these dress guidelines will be asked to change into more appropriate attire. In some cases the school will provide a shirt and/or pants to a student, if a parent is not able to bring alternative clothes to school for the day. Continual or repeated disregard by any student for the student dress code will result in disciplinary action.