The cafeteria serves both breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is served between 7:45 and 8:05 AM and there are three lunch periods. Students may purchase lunch or bring lunch from home.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the meal prices?
Breakfast: Full Price: $1.25, Reduced Price: $.30, Adult - A la carte
Lunch: Full Price: $2.30, Reduced Price: $.40, Adult: $3.00
Where do I eat?
You eat your meals in the cafeteria. You should sit down at a table while eating and drinking. You may also eat in a designated area at the invitation of a teacher or administrator.
How can I pay for lunch?
In a addition to cash, you may prepay a lunch account for your child (see the For More Information section below). The cafeteria does not accept personal checks.
Can I go off campus for lunch?
Students are not allowed off campus for lunch on their own. Parents are welcome to pick up their student for lunch, but those who return late to campus will be marked as unexcused tardy or absent depending on the time of return.
What happens next?
Students are dismissed from the cafeteria by tables and must work together to make sure their table and floor are clean before leaving. Students who make a mess in the cafeteria will be expected to clean it up and may also receive lunch detention and an assigned seat if problems persist.
For More Information
- http://www.austinisd.org/schools/menus/prepay.phtml: Prepay your student's meals using a credit or debit card.
- http://www.austinisd.org/schools/menus/benefits.phtml: Free and reduced lunch program information. Applications can be picked up at the front office.
- http://www.austinisd.org/schools/menus/index.phtml: Menu information (including nutritional details)
- http://www.austinschools.org/campus/gorzycki/catch.html: AISD participates in the Eat Smart program of the Coordinated Approach to Child Health (CATCH) program
- http://www.austinisd.org/schools/health/: Foods of Minimal Nutritional Value (FMNV) information. AISD limits student access to unhealthy snacks and beverages as part of our AISD Initiative for Health Kids.
- http://www.austinisd.org/schools/health/nutrition_faq.phtml: AISD nutrition frequently asked questions (including "Can I bring birthday cupcakes to school?" etc)