About McCallum High School
McCallum has been named an "Outstanding Advanced Placement School" from the Southwest Region for our support and success in advanced placement courses in all disciplines. Advanced placement courses are offered in English, mathematics, social studies, foreign language, art history, and music theory.
Mastery, Accountability, Creativity
We believe that all members of the McCallum High School community have the capacity to create a healthy learning environment where everyone feels both encouraged and, at the same time, challenged to fully realize his or her potential. We also believe that while acknowledging our strengths, our specific challenges, and our diversity, people must be nurtured and have a sense of belonging by cultivating acts of kindness.
- Each student will graduate, or be on track to graduate, prepared to pursue his or her goals.
- Each member of the school community will demonstrate individual/social responsibility.
Major Programs and Initiatives
Fine Arts Academy
Talk-It-Out Program for Conflict Resolution
Strong AP Program in Curriculum
Multiple Levels of Intelligence Focus
Ninth Grade Initiative Grant
- McCallum High School was built in 1953.
- It serves students in grades 9-12.
- Foreign languages taught are French, Japanese, Latin and Spanish.
- Our special education programs are designed specifically for students with autism, deafness, serious emotional disturbance, hearing impairments, language or speech impairment, specific learning disabilities, limited intellectual functioning, orthopedic impairments, visual impairments and other health impairments
- Girls sports include basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track, volleyball and wrestling.
- Boys sports include basketball, baseball, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, tennis, track and wrestling.
- Clubs and extra-curricular activities offered include Peer Assistance Leadership; National Honor Society; Students Against Drunk Driving; Literary magazine; Drill team and Tx Alliance of Minority Engineers.
- This school has the fine arts programs: orchestra, band, theater/drama, art, chorus and photography.
McCallum Knights, Come pledge your faith
with standards held up high,
Our royal colors, blue and gray
are emblems of our pride;
Hold high this honor that we share
as bearers of our shield;
Our torch keep bright
to guide our Knights
o’er honor’s field!