(Saturday, December 13th, 1st session is 9-10:30 AM; 2nd session is 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM: pre-registration and payment are required)
(Every Monday from October 20th through December 8th, 9:30 - 10:30 AM; FREE but pre-registration is required)
As Austin ISD’s district-wide fine arts intensive high school program, the Fine Arts Academy at McCallum High School provides an exemplary arts education program for 9th - 12th grade students to pursue an accelerated arts curriculum as fine arts majors. more…
McCallum Fine Arts Academy's Mission
The mission of the McCallum Fine Arts Academy is to foster and advance a diverse group of student artists who will create, lead, inspire, and contribute to a global community.
McCallum Fine Arts Academy’s Five PillarsThe McCallum Fine Arts Academy:
- Focuses on the individual development of each student,
- Provides high quality instruction,
- Integrates collaborative, intentional, reciprocal relationships with the broader Austin arts community into our programs/classrooms/instruction,
- Encourages an interdisciplinary approach to curriculum and instruction, and
- Graduating students produce a pre-professional level of product in their chosen art form.
Major Courses of StudyStudents apply to major/study in the following areas.
- Cinematic Arts (Film)
- Instrumental: brass (trumpet, horn, trombone, euphonium, or tuba), woodwind (flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe, bassoon, any saxophone), percussion, violin, viola, cello, bass, or classical guitar
- Voice/Vocal Music
- Collaborative Piano (emphasis in accompanying)
- Acting/Performance Theatre
- Technical Theatre
- Visual Arts
If accepted, the student follows a prescribed course of study, including six year-long courses and outside-of-school activities. Upon successful completion of the program, students graduate from McCallum High School as a Fine Arts Academy Major.