The Oak Springs Library offers scholars, teachers and parents a wide variety of resources. These resources include books, periodicals, newspapers, videos, teacher resources, internet access and more.
Our mission is to nurture a lifelong appreciation of reading and learning by assuring that scholars and staff have opportunities for successful access, evaluation, and use of information and literature.
The general library hours are from 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. All scholars, Pre-K through 5th grade visit the library with their class once a week to check out books. There is flex time from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. every day for scholars to come in on their own to check out materials. Pre-K through 2nd grade also have story time before they check out materials. Times are blocked off throughout each day for skills lessons.
Note that the following links will take you off the Oak Springs site. Any sites that require passwords will require contacting the Librarian; passwords cannot be published here for security reasons.
- Harcourt Publishing - A variety of resources in subject areas for grades K-6
- Syvum - Brain teasers, trivia, thematic units, foreign languages, test prep
- Education4Kids - Drill games in all subjects
- SuperKids - Logic games, vocabulary builders, test prep - from SuperKids.com
- PBS Kids - A variety of subject areas for grades K-12
- Fun Brain - Educational games in all subject areas
- The File Cabinet - Downloadable activity sheets and blackline masters for teachers
- Learning.com - Technology lessons, integration activities, a management system, and training