Volunteer at Oak Springs - Become a Partner In Education
Join us at Oak Springs Elementary School and start making a difference in the future today! Oak Springs Elementary School would like to invite you to make a difference in a child's life.
We would like for you to become an Oak Springs Partner in Education, a movement to develop future leaders in our community.
Why Be A Partner?
There are so many positive benefits to partnering with our school. You will be able to train your own workforce of the future, position your organization as a key player in the community, identify and train students with specialized skills and provide positive role models.
Most importantly, you will become part of the education solution.
How You Can Help
- Become a Dolphin Partner. Be personally involved in special or ongoing projects and involved with mentoring, tutoring and/or providing financial/in-kind support.
- Become a Mentor. Be matched with a child who will benefit by having you come to school to eat lunch with that child once a week or on a regular basis.
- Join the Seedling's Promise program. This program supports a special group of students at Oak Springs Elementary.
- Tutor - Spend 30 minutes to 1 hour per week for 1 on 1 tutoring of a child. Help with their studies in the areas of math and/or language arts. The child's teacher provides lessons. Training is offered by Austin Partners in Education.
- Become a Sponsor. Provide in-kind donations or goods and services, equipment, etc. Get involved in special events such as book fairs, grade level cultural activities and annual carnivals. We're always looking for help.
- Provide technical resources.
- Expand the library's resources.
- Help train teachers in technology.
- Become a guest speaker.
What is the Process?
If you are interested in becoming a partner, please complete the Austin Partners in Education Response Form to indicate the type of participation you'd prefer.
There will be a questionnaire and background check for mentoring and tutoring.